Saturday, February 19, 2011

February 8 - Day 39


At the hospital, with only my iPhone to snap a photo. It's almost 1:00am and I am waiting for a breathing treatment. I was admitted after 2 hours in the ER on Monday afternoon. I have 4 residents and an intern managing my care and it's like a science project gone bad. On one hand it's great for them to suspect and check for everything, on the other hand I've ended up going through a lot of unnecessary treatments like a scan for blood clots in my legs and lungs. And it goes to show you that doctors don't always ask the right questions OR read your chart - for some damn reason I had an ultrasound done of my gallbladder to check for gallstones...guess who had their gallbladder removed in 2004???

The RNs have been great though. I can't say enough good things about their bedside care and knowledge. I love me some nurses. 

I get to go home though as soon as my breathing is under control and my O2 sats are up from 93 to at least 97.  It's looking like bronchitis combined with a severe uncontrolled asthma attack. I've been given an IV steroid and albuterol inhalation (every 4 hours). I will continue to take the pill form of the steroid for the next 5 days after my release. 

No comments:

Post a Comment