Friday, January 7, 2011

January 6 - Day 6


Our new sensory tub. It's only part of the way full but the boys begged to play with it anyway. A mommy friend of mine, Elisabeth, pointed her blog reader in the direction of a super informative site, 1+1+1=1. I pulled some helpful information regarding sensory tubs and crafts that Ian and Aidan can do at home. The site is mostly about homeschooling and all of the posts are adaptable to your family's situation. Ian and Aidan both attend preschool but since I am not in their class everyday, I often feel left out of the loop. I've decided to take some of their home time and turn it into an extension of their schooling. We do that mostly anyway but now it will be a more regulated schedule. 

This tub is my first venture. Ian LOVES sensory tubs at school and I have no idea why it didn't cross my mind to have one at home until reading a post on the homeschooling site. I went to Michael's and gathered up some pipe cleaners, feathers, pom poms, and a few clearance holiday items that went with my theme (which is just Winter, by the way). Most everything in the tub is blue or white. There are some silver ribbon, felt, foam board, and sponges in there as well. I just need to get those cotton balls in there to fill up the lower half.

The boys took to the tub immediately. Halfway through playtime I tossed in some flat glass marbles as well, and we made felt snowflakes and flowers and glued them to Popsicle sticks (a la puppets!). When the bucket is fuller, after this weekend, I'll take a more proper picture. In the meantime, here's a close up of the inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment